The schools of the Archdiocese of New Orleans admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs generally accorded or made available to students of its schools. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of their educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
In compliance with Title IX of the Civil Rights Act, 1964, no person in the schools of the Archdiocese of New Orleans shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, or being denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity except under said Title IX.
Students requiring exceptional accommodations, for example, but not limited to: elevators, wheelchair access to classroom and restroom facilities, occupational and / or physical therapy, adaptive physical education, etc., will be accepted for admission by the administration after consultation with the Archdiocese of New Orleans and the Local Educational Authority, hereinafter referred to as the LEA.
- Please call St. Francis Xavier to schedule an appointment for an on-campus visit if you have not attended the scheduled Open House.
- Once you have determined that you would like to apply for admission, please complete the Application Form. All information requested must be filled out in order to process the application.
- Additional Testing Information: If you have additional testing information such as educational or psychological evaluations of the applicant and/or any other information you feel may be helpful to us, please include this with the application.
- Pre Kindergarten – 2nd grade: Enclosed is the Screening Form that must accompany the Application Form. A screening session will be held at St. Francis Xavier School. At the appropriate time you will receive notification on the date and time this session will be held.
- Grades 3-7: All documents requested by St. Francis Xavier School must be received and reviewed by the Admission Committee before proceeding to the interview stage. Upon review of the required documents, parents will be contacted and an appointment set-up to interview the parents and child.
- The Admission committee meets for the final review of the application. St. Francis Xavier School will contact you regarding acceptance.
St. Francis Xavier School gives preference to:
- Children of registered, active, and supporting parishioners of St. Francis Xavier Church for more than one year.
- Children of registered, active, and supporting parishioners of St. Francis Xavier Church for less than one year.
- Children of registered, active, and supporting parishioners of other Catholic Church parishes with no school or no room in the school.
- Children of parents who are registered in another Catholic Church parish.
- Baptized Catholic students who are not registered in a Catholic parish.
- Non-Catholic students who are open to the Catholic faith.
St. Francis Xavier School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available at the school and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin or disability in violation of state or federal laws.