The History of St. Francis Xavier Catholic School
St. Francis Xavier School was opened in the Fall of 1926 by founding pastor, Fr. Francis Xavier Rombouts and was staffed by five Religious Sisters of Mercy. St. Francis Xavier Catholic School was first located on the second floor of what is presently known as the parish center. This building also housed the church and rectory. This building was designed by Theodore Perrier, a parishioner and architect. The structure was molded somewhat after the Italian Renaissance style and this structure at 442 Metairie Road was dedicated on Sunday, March 21, 1926.